- The poor do not need our compassion or our pity, they need our help. What they give to us is more than we give to them" Mother Teresa
- Illiteracy, homelessness, malnutrition, chronic illness, bonded labour and exploitation of every kind is prevalent among the Dalits.
- Dalits are at the lowest rung of the social ladder in India. Considered 'untouchables' they are widely subjected to poverty, social ostracism, religious marginalization and even sexual exploitation.
- We have direct links with two schools for Dalits and other outcast children. Both schools provide an excellent English-medium education that will empower each student and give them a chance to escape the oppression they were born into.
- "It is not how much love we give but how much love we put in the giving ..." (Words of Mother Teresa)
- "This school is a beacon of light liberating children from the clutches of ignorance, child labour and child prostitution, bringing liberation to them all ..." (Words of Father Eric Mathias)
- Supporting Dalit Children supports the education and social welfare of Dalit children (the 'untouchables'), in Southern India.
More Fabulous News
We have some fabulous news to tell you about! Both Sanvi and Sujan have been sponsored this week. It is so special when two children are sponsored together and we can welcome a brand new sponsor parent on board with us. We hope that all 3 of you will enjoy a special journey together.
As always, we couldn't do any of this without you and we owe a huge debt of gratitude to all of our sponsor parents across the world - thank you!